WhatConverts WordPress Call Tracking Plugin
Add call tracking to any WordPress website by creating a whatconverts account and installing our WordPress plugin. WhatConverts has been developed to allow any website to add call tracking within minutes. WordPress makes it even easier with the plugin to make the installation really easy.
Phone Call Tracking Features
- Dynamic Phone Number Insertion. Using DPNI we track calls on your website by dynamically swapping out your telephone number for a tracking number assigned to a traffic source or keyword.
- Keyword & Campaign Level Tracking. Keyword and campaign data appended to each call received.
- Instant Telephone Selection. Choose your telephone number and start tracking calls immediately.
- Simple Setup. A few clicks and you’re ready.
- Easy Tracking. Choose to track by traffic source or campaign.
- Call Recording. Record phone calls for lead qualification or training. Choose the phone numbers you want to record.
- Call Greeting Message. Automated greeting for caller.
- Call Whisper Message. Message for party receiving the call
You can begin call tracking for your wordpress website by following these steps:
Step 1: Create a WhatConverts account.
Go to www.WhatConverts.com and follow the setup instructions to create a new account. The setup process will guide you through the instructions, including downloading and installing the WordPress plugin.
Step 2: Install WordPress Plugin.
- Select the “Settings > Tracking Code” menu item.
- Copy down your ‘Profile ID’. Example: 51370
- Download WordPress Plugin
- Upload ‘whatconverts’ directory to your plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the plugins menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the WordPress plugin settings, “Settings > WhatConverts”
- Add your “Profile ID” from WhatConverts
- That’s it. The WhatConverts tracking code is now added to your website.
Step 3: Select tracking numbers.
- Select ‘Tracking’ > ‘Phone Numbers’ menu
- Click the ‘Add a Phone Number’ Button.
- Follow setup instructions for adding tracking numbers.
- Enter the area code. E.g. 704 for Charlotte. Click search. You’ll be shown a list of available numbers.
- Click ‘Add’ to select the number you want.
- Give the number a name like ‘Google Organic, Lead Number, Adwords, Website, Signage, etc…’
- Destination Number. This is the number that the call is forwarded to.
- Do you want to use Number Swap? Yes or No. If No, select ‘No’ and press the ‘Update’ button and you can begin using the number.
- If Yes, provide the number we need to swap out. This is typically the existing number on the website.
- ‘Set Source to Trigger’. These options allow you to select what traffic sources or marketing source you want to track with this number. For example to track Google Adwords, select ‘search‘ the ‘visitors from ‘Google‘ for ‘paid‘. This number will be display for any traffic from a Google Paid advertising source.
- Press the ‘Update’ button and you can begin using the number.
- Add as many numbers as you need from this page. You can always return to ‘Tracking > Phone Numbers‘ to manage your tracking telephone numbers. All changes are done in Real time.
If you have any problems please contact our support team and we will be happy to take a look at the issue for you.