- Important Note: Skip Step One if the following article has already been completed, “Sending Phone Calls to Pipedrive“.
1Go to your PipeDrive account and create a new custom field.
- Go to, “Settings” and select the “Customize Fields” option. Click on the “People” tab and select the, “Add a Field” button.
Choose “Numerical” as your field type. Enter the Field Name: “LeadID”. Click “Save“.
In the chart, make sure the LeadID Field Name has Show in Add New dialog set to “Yes” and Important set to “Yes”.
Very Important: Make note and write down the “Field API key” located in the last field.
- Log into your Zapier account and click the “Make a Zap” button. Select “WhatConverts” as the Trigger.
Select “New Lead” as your trigger type and click on the “Save + Continue” button.
Connect your WhatConverts account and click on the, “Save + Continue” button. Allow Zapier to access your WhatConverts account by entering your API Token and API Secret.
- You can find that information by going to your WhatConverts account and selecting “API Keys” under the Integrations left side menu.
- Test your connection then click the “Save + Continue” button. On the Set up WhatConverts Lead page, select your “WhatConverts Profile” from the drop down menu in Zapier. Click “Continue“. On Test this Step click on the “Fetch & Continue” button. If the test is successful, click “Continue” on the Test WhatConverts page.
3Create a Filter.
- Click on the “+” icon between your Trigger and Action.
- Enter variable to track web forms only by selecting the “Filter” button.
- Select the “Only Continue if…” option and click on the “Save + Continue” button. Choose the conditions your data should meet in order to continue to the next step. Set the first field to, “Lead Type”, the second field to “(Text) Exactly matches” and the last field to “Web Form” and click on the “Test & Continue” button.
- Search and select PipeDrive from the list of apps. Create a lead to pass by selecting the, “Create or Update a Person” option from list of actions and click on the, “Save + Continue” button. Connect your PipeDrive Account with Zapier by clicking on the, “Connect an Account” button. Enter your PipeDrive API token and click “Save & Continue”.
- Your PipeDrive API token can be found by going to “Settings“, “Personal” and “API” located under the Other category in your PipeDrive account.
Edit the data to pass from WhatConverts into PipeDrive by setting your fields to the following below. Make sure to click on the “Insert A Field” button to the right of each field. Match the fields to the fields you have set up in your site’s form.
- Once all the fields are set click on the “Continue” button. View your data and click the “Finish” button. Name your Zap and turn your Zap “On“.
5 Check PipeDrive for your lead contact form
- Go to PipeDrive and select “Contacts” under the navigation menu; select “People” under the drop down menu. The contact lead form information from WhatConverts should now be displaying within PipeDrive.