WhatConverts allows you to track chats inside of Google Analytics through Event Tracking.
- Note: Make sure to set up your Google Analytics integration in your WhatConverts profile before setting up goals based on event completions.
Using events to trigger goal completions can be done by first selecting the top “Admin” menu item in your Google Analytics account. Then, select “Goals” from the View column on the right. Click “+ New Goal“.
- Goal setup – Choose the “Custom” item just above the continue button. Click “continue“.
- Goal Description – Give your goal a name such as”Chat” and select the “Event” radio button. Click “continue“.
- Goal Details – Set the “Action” to the event action; for Online Chats from WhatConverts use Action Equals to “Chat“. Click “Save“.
Now each time a Chat is tracked through WhatConverts we’ll send an event to your Google Analytics account. This event will then trigger a goal completion that will make your Google Analytics reporting much richer.
These goal completions can also be used as Google Ads conversions. This means you can track chats from your website back to a specific campaign and record them as conversions.
- Note: If you are sending Goal Completions as conversions to Google Ads and you have an integration with Google Ads in WhatConverts, you will receive duplicate conversions in Google Ads. To fix this, use either the WhatConverts/Google Ads integration or Google Analytics Goal Completion connection.