WhatConverts allows you to track chats inside of Google Analytics through Event Tracking.
Connect WhatConverts to Google Analytics
- Login to your WhatConverts account.
- Select the “Integration“, then “Google Analytics” menu item.
- Add your Google Analytics Tracking ID. and we will send events based on leads tracked in WhatConverts to your Google Analytics account.To retrieve your Google Analytics UID, sign in to your Google Analytics account. Click on the “Admin” tab at the top and make sure the correct “Account” and “Property” are select. Then click on the “Tracking Info” and select “Tracking Code“. You should see your “Tracking ID“, copy and paste that value below.
- Choose what Leads to send to Google Analytics under “Lead Types to Track“.
Setup Chat Goal Completions triggered by Events.
Using events to trigger goal completions can be done by first selecting the top “Admin” menu item in your Google Analytics account. Then, select “Goals” from the View column on the right. Click “+ New Goal“.
- Goal setup – Choose the “Custom” item just above the continue button. Click “continue“.
- Goal Description – Give your goal a name such as”Chat” and select the “Event” radio button. Click “continue“.
- Goal Details – Set the “Action” to the event action; for Online Chats from WhatConverts use Action Equals to “Chat“. Click “Save“.
Now each time a Chat is tracked through WhatConverts we’ll send an event to your Google Analytics account. This event will then trigger a goal completion that will make your Google Analytics reporting much richer.
These goal completions can also be used as Google Ads (AdWords) conversions. This means you can track chats from your website back to a specific campaign and record them as conversions.
- Note: If you are sending Goal Completions as conversions to Google Ads (AdWords) and you have an integration with Google Ads (AdWords) in WhatConverts, you will receive duplicate conversions in Google Ads (AdWords). To fix this, use either the WhatConverts/Google Ads integration or Google Analytics Goal Completion connection.