WhatConverts allows you to track form submissions inside of Google Analytics through Goal Completion Tracking.
Connect WhatConverts to Google Analytics
- Login to your WhatConverts account.
- Select the “Integration“, then “Google Analytics” menu item.
- Add your Google Analytics Tracking ID. and we will send events based on leads tracked in WhatConverts to your Google Analytics account.To retrieve your Google Analytics UID, sign in to your Google Analytics account. Click on the “Admin” tab at the top and make sure the correct “Account” and “Property” are select. Then click on the “Tracking Info” and select “Tracking Code“. You should see your “Tracking ID“, copy and paste that value below.
- Choose what Leads to send to Google Analytics under “Lead Types to Track“.
Setup Web Form Goal Completions triggered by Events.
Using events to trigger goal completions can be done by first selecting the top “Admin” menu item in your Google Analytics account. Then, select “Goals” from the View column on the right. Click “+ New Goal“.
- Goal setup – Choose the “Custom” item just above the continue button. Click “continue“.
- Goal Description – Give your goal a name such as”Form Submission” and select the “Event” radio button. Click “continue“.
- Goal Details – Set the “Category” to the event category; for Web Form Submissions from WhatConverts use Category Equals to “Form Submission“. Click “Save“.
Now each time a Form is tracked through WhatConverts we’ll send an event to your Google Analytics account. This event will then trigger a goal completion that will make your Google Analytics reporting much richer.
Using WhatConverts for Form Tracking and to send the form submission event to Google Analytics means you no longer have to track the Thank You page.
These goal completions can also be used as Google Ads (AdWords) conversions. This means you can track forms submitted back to a specific campaign and record them as conversions.
- Note: If you are sending Goal Completions as conversions to Google Ads (AdWords) and you have an integration with Google Ads (AdWords) in WhatConverts, you will receive duplicate conversions in Google Ads (AdWords). To fix this, use either the WhatConverts/Google Ads integration or Google Analytics Goal Completion connection.