WhatConverts allows you to track form submissions inside of Google Analytics through Goal Completion Tracking.
- Note: Make sure to set up your Google Analytics integration in your WhatConverts profile before setting up goals based on event completions.
Using events to trigger goal completions can be done by first selecting the top “Admin” menu item in your Google Analytics account. Then, select “Goals” from the View column on the right. Click “+ New Goal“.
- Goal setup – Choose the “Custom” item just above the continue button. Click “continue“.
- Goal Description – Give your goal a name such as”Form Submission” and select the “Event” radio button. Click “continue“.
- Goal Details – Set the “Category” to the event category; for Web Form Submissions from WhatConverts use Category Equals to “Form Submission“. Click “Save“.
Now each time a Form is tracked through WhatConverts we’ll send an event to your Google Analytics account. This event will then trigger a goal completion that will make your Google Analytics reporting much richer.
Using WhatConverts for Form Tracking and to send the form submission event to Google Analytics means you no longer have to track the Thank You page.
These goal completions can also be used as Google Ads conversions. This means you can track forms submitted back to a specific campaign and record them as conversions.
- Note: If you are sending Goal Completions as conversions to Google Ads and you have an integration with Google Ads in WhatConverts, you will receive duplicate conversions in Google Ads. To fix this, use either the WhatConverts/Google Ads integration or Google Analytics Goal Completion connection.