WhatConverts now allows you to set up a call flow to grab more data from your incoming phone calls. A Call Flow can help you manage how calls are routed for business hours, location of the caller, intentions of the caller (sales or support for example) and more.
A Scheduled Business Hours Call Flow will route your calls based on the days and times that your business is open.
How to Set up a Scheduled Business Hours Call Flow
1Log in to your WhatConverts Dashboard. Under Profile, select “Tracking“, “Phone Calls“. When the Phone Calls drop down opens, select “Call Flows“.
2At the top of the page, select “+ Add Incoming Call Flow” at the top of the page.
3Select “Scheduled Business Hours” to set up routing for days and times when your business is open. Click “Create Call Flow“.
- Toggle the Call Recording step “On” or “Off“.
- Note: Please be aware that call recording laws are applied at state, federal and county level, please refer to the laws and regulations of your jurisdiction. You may need to apply a message that states the call is being recorded.
- By default, the Schedule step is set to forward to a destination number Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. To edit the Schedule step, click the “Edit” icon in the top left of the module. To select the days your business is open, highlight the day in “blue“. For Start Time and End Time, select “Yes” and choose the time of day that your office is open. Click “Update“.
Below is an example of a business that is open Tuesday through Saturday, 1:00 PM until 10:30 PM in Eastern Time.
- Edit your Dial module. Click the “Edit” icon in the top left of the Dial module. Give your module a Name that identifies the step, Select your Dial Type by choosing “Direct Call“, “Multi-Ring” (to call multiple phone numbers at the same time) or “Round Robin” (to call numbers in a sequence).
Enter the “Destination Number” of your step. Choose your Timeout (the number of seconds the Dial step will ring before moving onto the next step), which Caller ID that the recipient will be shown, a Call Whisper option and if you have a Post Call Flow. Click “Update“.
- Edit the “Voicemail” step for after hours and unanswered calls. Select the “Edit” icon in the top left of the module. Give your module a Name that identifies the step, choose whether you would like the prompt to “Say Message” or “Play Recording“. Choose if you would like for your voicemail to play a Beep and select the maximum length of the voicemail message. Click “Update“.
4Scroll to the top of your Simple Menu Call Flow, “name” your call flow and click “Save Call Flow“.
5Apply your Call Flow to your tracking number(s) by looking under your Profile, select “Tracking“, “Phone Calls” and “Phone Numbers“. Click the “Gear Icon” at the end of the row to edit your tracking number(s).
Under Call Routing, select “Call Flow” and choose your new Call Flow from the drop down menu. Click “Update“.